Fanshawe College announces plans to expand in-person instruction and on-campus experiences; offers money-back, 10-day guarantee to students
NEARING THE ONE-YEAR mark of its shift to emergency remote delivery due to the pandemic, Fanshawe College says it is anticipating welcoming more students to campus as Ontario advances vaccine distribution in the coming months. For the fall 2021 semester, more small classes, labs and practical instruction will be offered in-person, with appropriate safety protocols in place.
“Since the beginning of the pandemic, the safety and well-being of all members of our community have remained at the heart of our decision-making,” says Fanshawe president, Peter Devlin. “With hopeful prospects for vaccine distribution and the possible easing of public health regulations, Fanshawe is optimistically planning scenarios that would allow us to welcome students who are eager to resume or start their post-secondary experience in Fanshawe’s exceptional labs, studios and hands-on learning spaces this fall.”
Story Continues Below
Additional plans are in development to increase access to Fanshawe’s athletics facilities, dining options and campus life services, moving in-step with public health restrictions.
To address concerns students may have about attending classes in September, Fanshawe has come up with an offering called the Fanshawe Student Experience Guarantee, which includes several measures to help ease the transition back to campus life, including:
• Students can try Fanshawe for 10 days risk-free. If they’re not fully satisfied, Fanshawe will refund tuition, ancillary fees and program fees and their deposit will be deferred to the next available intake for the program;
• Every student will have a Signature Innovative Learning Experience to develop crucial job skills through multidisciplinary projects, live client work, applied research, entrepreneurship or global projects;
• Fanshawe has been designated an Adobe Creative Campus, giving all students full access to the Adobe Creative Cloud platform, free of charge;
• Students will receive personalized career coaching from Fanshawe’s Employment, Career, Co-operative Education and Student Entrepreneurial Services Centre;
• Student supports will be made available to assist students with tutoring, personal and academic counselling, technical help or financial assistance.
Story Continues Below
According to Fanshawe, physical distancing measures and other safety protocols remain at the core of the school’s planning as the school builds scenarios that would allow more students on campus while continuing to deliver certain course components online, and it will continue to refine service delivery models to ensure students and staff have supports available without compromising safety and well-being.